Monday, April 19, 2010

HI-SEAS Pro Staff, Jeff Kriet, set the lake record and caught this 12lb 10oz Largemouth last Wednesday on Lake Murray in Oklahoma using 15lb HI-SEAS Fluorocarbon Line.

"I was just out with a buddy (Gene Eisenmann) fishing for smallmouths with spinning gear, and we'd probably caught about 50," he said. "Then we slid back in this little pocket and there's a swamp donkey sitting next to a stump. I said, 'Hey, there's a 6-pounder,' which shows how good I am at sight-fishing. It ran underneath the boat and got hung up in the keep protector. It was on the other side of the boat when I finally got the line out of there, and then it got hung up on my Power-Pole after that. If it was a tournament, that fish would've come off for sure. I'm just glad it wasn't on film because it would've been ugly, and if I'd have know how big she was, I know I would've lost her."
Once it was in the boat, he was prepared to call it an 11-pounder and let it go right there, but Eisemann suggested they take it to the marina because it might be a lake record. Sure enough, it eclipsed the previous certified mark by more than 2 pounds.

"I'd caught a few 10s, but I've been fishing there my whole life. At a jackpot tournament on Tuesday night it took 8 pounds to win, so it's not like somebody catches one every day. I fished that tournament and I caught five for 7 pounds."

No comments:

Post a Comment